- Does it bother anyone else when you see an actor in a commercial that you recognize from another commercial or show? I know whenever I see someone playing a doctor in a commercial and I’ve seen them playing something else in another commercial, I can’t take the commercial or product seriously. Or when an actor plays someone who has supposedly benefited from a product and then I see them in another commercial, I feel lied to. Now, I know commercial actors need to make a living too, but I just feel duped. Just a thought.
- I love when I check out entirely too many books from the library knowing full well there’s no way I can finish them before they’re due. At least now I’m keeping track of when the books are due by entering the due date in my Blackberry calendar. This should mean fewer overdue fines. Should being the operative word.
- Really wish we all could just get a long.
- Took my daughter to a roller skating birthday party last weekend and had a blast. At first I wasn’t going to skate, but once I figured out we might end up at the hospital if I didn’t, I donned some skates. We had a blast. I haven’t been skating in years, but it was just like riding a bike – some things you don’t forget.
- I decided to attend the Picture Book Craft Intensive Webinar by MAry Kole through Writer’s Digest last week. She shared some great and helpful information. I love that I can access the webinar any time I need to. But I really love that I got to submit my manuscript to Mary for evaluation. I’ve had several people read my story, but I have yet to have a professional read it. I’m truly looking forward to hearing the things that she thinks are working in my story and any things I might need to work on. Only downside is that I have to wait until December 13th to get it back. That’s fine, though. I have another picture book and a YA novel that really need my attention.
On that note, here’s some music to take you into the weekend – After Light by Rustie (ft. AlunaGeorge). It’s got a great beat and I love running to it. Enjoy!